Officially, the FRIAS Research Focus in Pure Mathematics will start in September 2017. Inofficially, a number visitors will come already in spring and a few activities will commence early. Please join us if you are interested!
Best wishes from the Black Forest, from Annette, Stefan and Wolfgang
- Valery Alexeev will visit for a week, from May 22 to May 26, 2017.
- Oliver Bräunling has won a FRIAS internal junior fellowship. Congratulations! He is already around and will join our activities for the full academic year.
- Brad Drew will join us a a DFG fellow from June 1, 2017. He will stay for the full length of the program.
- Christian Miebach has already arrived. He visits the department until August 15, 2017.
- Pavle Pandžić has already arrived. He has joined the Research Training Group 1821 as a Merkator fellow and will stay until September 30, 2017.
- Mihai Păun will visit FRIAS as a senior fellow from May 9 to August 8, 2017.
- Christian Schnell will visit from May 22 to August 15, 2017. He will join the Research Training Group 1821 as a Mercator fellow, and will at the same time hold a senior fellowship at FRIAS.
- Motives Day Dijon-Freiburg-Strasbourg — a workshop organised by Giuseppe Ancona, Annette Huber, Frédéric Déglise. Will take place on June 1st, 2017 at Strasbourg. There will be a joint lunch and also dinner the day before. Outside participants are very welcome!
- Lectures by Pandžić on Dirac Operators and D-Modules. Details to be fixed.