FRIAS fellows Frédéric Deglise, Johannes Nicaise and Gisbert Wüstholz are currently in residence, and are joined by Bradley Drew, Oliver Bräunling and Matthias Wendt from the side of the math department. Jorge Pereira will join us in December, Gerard van der Geer will come in January.
We will organise a few special events that we mention below. You are welcome to join us anytime.
2017 – November
- Joint Seminar Basel-Freiburg-Saarbrücken-Strasbourg — will take place on Novembver 30, 2017 at Strasbourg. Speakers are Jeremy Daniel, Christian Urech, Michael Hoff and Matthias Wendt. Outside participants are very welcome! – Link
2018 – January
- Joint seminar Dijon-Freiburg-Strasbourg – a workshop organised by Giuseppe Ancona, Annette Huber, Frédéric Déglise. Will take place on January 12th, 2018 at Freiburg. There will be a joint lunch and also dinner the day before. Outside participants are very welcome! More details will be made available later on.
2018 – February
- Winter School on Homotopy Theory — a separate announcement will be posted soon
Dear Algebraic Geometers,
even though the FRIAS Research Focus will open officially only in October, some visitors are already around, and more will come. Visitors for September and October include the following:
- Agore, Ana (01-14Sep),
- Casalaina-Martin, Sebastian (12-15Oct)
- de Cataldo, Mark (-30Sep),
- Heinloth, Jochen (11-15Sep)
- Kawamata, Yujiro (18-24Sep)
- Nicaise, Johannes (02Oct-01Dec)
- Pandžić, Pavle (-30Sep)
- Popa, Mihnea (30Sep-07Oct)
- Wendt, Matthias (full year)
- Wüstholz, Gisbert (15Sep – 15Dec)
- Xu, Chenyang (17-24Sep)
The Freiburg locals (Bergner, Bräunling, Drew, Huber-Klawitter, Kebekus, Scheidegger, Soergel, Wendland …) will also be around. Please get in touch with us if you are interested to come as well!
As we announced earler, there will be a major school on “Degeneration of Calabi-Yau and arithmetic” 09-13Oct, speakers are: Doran, Kerr, Laza, Walcher, Zagier. Please turn to our homepage for details.
Best wishes for the upcoming academic year,
As part of our cooperation with the Research Training Group GK1821, we are very happy to announce a summer school on
Degeneration of Calabi-Yau varieties and arithmetic
which will take place in Freiburg from October 9 to 13, 2017. Continue reading
Officially, the FRIAS Research Focus in Pure Mathematics will start in September 2017. Inofficially, a number visitors will come already in spring and a few activities will commence early. Please join us if you are interested! Continue reading